Bathroom Remodel Checklist
Summer time is always a busy time for us in the Northern Virginia area. With the wonderful weather comes many homeowners wanting to redesign their whole house or rooms in their homes. The most popular room remodels are the kitchen and the bathroom. In today’s blog post, we will talk about what items in your bathroom you need to be planning for. A lot of homeowners are usually shocked about the many decisions they have to make during a remodel, so we want to provide this checklist, so you are prepared!
- Tub/Shower: Because one of the first things that must be done is plumbing, you need to decide if you want a separate tub and shower, a combination of both or a walk-in shower. You also have to figure out where it’s going, so the plumbing fixtures are installed. And of course little things like fixtures and the drain must be decided.
- Vanities and Sinks: The amount and style will be needed in order to produce the countertops and decide on the kind of plumbing.
- Countertops/Cabinets/Mirrors: These are usually more fun because this is where the style of your new bathroom will shine!
- Storage: Where is your storage going? This will depend on if you have one sink or two. In addition, many people forget the storage needed for toiletries in their shower. And if you want a built-in niche, you want to let us know from the beginning because once the drywall goes up then so does the price.
- Floor: Although many people choose to go with tile due to its resistance to moisture, you can choose from other materials like faux wood.
These things are also not to be forgotten:
- Grab bars
- Accent tiles
- Grout color
- Shower threshold/enclosure
- Accessories like towel bars and toilet paper holder
While we recommend to keep these things in mind and plan ahead, Fredericksburg Custom Homes is there for our clients during the design process so that your remodel is as beautiful as you imagined it. If you are planning a remodel, give us a call, we promise that you won’t regret it.