7 Tips For Your Next Kitchen Remodel
Kitchen remodels are one of the most popular remodeling projects(behind bathroom remodels) in the United States. Kitchen remodels are a lot of fun but also a lot of work, and it’s hard to keep track of every single thing. Between the design and the construction, there are a lot of things that you have to keep in mind. So we want to help you by providing you with some tips to make your kitchen remodel a happy and smooth transition.
- Lighting is important: The kitchen is a highly visited spot in your home. You spend lots of time in there making meals and hanging out with the family, so don’t skimp on the lighting. Make sure that there is enough light and don’t forget about the under-cabinet lighting.
- Island: If you want an island, try it out first. While an island can add storage to your kitchen, it can also limit the space. So instead of just going directly for it make a full-scale model of it using cardboard.
- Appliances: Choose appliances that will last and that you like. Consider the lifetime, and don’t go directly for the “trendy” choices. Also, consider energy-efficient appliances that can help you save money.
- Think stylish and efficiently: When it comes to your cabinets and countertops do not skip on the counter and storage space. You can have a stylish kitchen and plenty of storage space. There is a lot of innovative storage solutions to maximize your kitchen’s storage space such as under-cabinet and backsplash storage racks.
Surviving the Remodeling Tips:
- Designate a spot in your home as your kitchen area. Add a mini-fridge, coffeemaker, toaster, and microwave.
- Skip the dishes, get paper plates and cups.
- If your remodel happens in the spring or summer, take advantage of the weather and make some food on the grill.
If you are in the Fredericksburg or Loudoun area and are considering a kitchen remodel, we have your back. Contact us at (540) 220-1500 for a quote.