Upgrades For Your Custom Home
When you begin building your custom home, you quickly start making decisions on what is going IN your home. You probably have an idea on the kind of floor plan that you want or the color of your bathroom walls. But you probably haven’t figured out every single detail. And because you are building your dream home, we want to help you out with as many decisions as possible.
During the designing process, we ask you what you want for every single detail of your home. Sometimes some of our clients aren’t sure if they want “this” or “that” and we are happy to suggest what we think is best. Upgrades is one those things that our clients aren’t always sure about. You want upgrades that are a good investment but also ones that you LOVE. So, we have put together a list of upgrades that we think are completely worth it!
- Larger/Custom Kitchen Cabinets: A kitchen with a lot of space is truly a gift. You never know how much space you need until you run out of storage. Depending on your family’s size you might be in need of larger kitchen cabinets. If you think that the average space is enough, consider custom cabinets. The kitchen is one of the best rooms in the house, and everyone wants their kitchen to look beautiful. Custom cabinets will take it to another level.
- Stainless/Energy-Efficient Kitchen Appliances: The stainless appliances look good with mostly every kitchen design, so it’s kind of impossible to go wrong. If you choose energy-efficient appliances not only are you helping the earth, but your electricity bill will also be lower. Think of all the savings!
- Shower/Tub: You don’t have to settle for the usual shower/tub combination. You can have a separate tub and a walk-in shower. A big tub is relaxing and gives your bathroom a luxurious look. It is a very attractive feature when selling a home.
- Flooring: If you want an option that is not carpet, you have a wide variety of choices. One of them being, hardwood floors. Wood floors will give your home a luxurious look and can be sometimes easier to clean than carpet.
- Skylights: When it comes to design, skylights never go out of style. A skylight adds 30% more light than a regular window. In addition, this kind of window allows for more light to get in which means that you don’t have to turn on the lights as much.
We want to help you design the home of your dreams. If you are looking for a custom home builder or a renovation/remodeling company in Fredericksburg, Loudoun or anywhere else in the Northern Virginia area, give us a call at 540-220-1500.
Interested in more of our blog posts? Check out our latest three: How To Pick The Right Lot For Your Custom Home, 3 Reasons Why Summer is A Good Time To Remodel Your Home and Attached vs. Detached Garages.